Friday, August 26, 2011

LOLITA MEME DAY ⑥

Day 1 – 10 things about your lolita bubble.
Day 2 – 10 things you love about lolita.
Day 3 – 10 things you hate about lolita.
Day 4 – 10 different kinds of food you like.
Day 5 – 10 items on your wishlist.
Day 6 – 10 things you can’t live without in lolita.
Day 7 – 10 people who inspire your lolita style.
Day 8 – 10 songs that inspire your inner lolita.
Day 9 – 10 things you will never do in lolita.
Day 10 – What’s in your lolita bag?
Day 11 – A day in your lolita life in pictures.
Day 12 – A picture of yourself before lolita came in to your life.
Day 13 – A picture of your favorite sweets.
Day 14 – A picture of your dream item.
Day 15 – A picture of your last lolita purchase.
Day 16 – Your outfit for the day.
Day 17 – What do you want more then anything right now?
Day 18 – A picture of your favorite lolita style.
Day 19 – What’s in your make-up bag?
Day 20 – A picture of a lolita friend.
Day 21 – Your favorite fictitious lolita.
Day 22 – A picture of your room.
Day 23 – A picture of your handwriting.
Day 24 – A picture of you from a meet.
Day 25 – Your favorite lolita themed artwork.
Day 26 – Your Facebook profile picture.
Day 27 – A song that fits your favorite lolita style.
Day 28 – A picture of the perfect lolita location.
Day 29 – A picture of a lolita you would love to meet for real.
Day 30 – A photo of yourself taken today and 3 good things that have happened over the last 30 days.



★10 things you can’t live without in lolita.




Confidence
It takes quite a lot of confidence to go out in Lolita. When I first started, I was rather scared and afraid of what people would think. It took a while to get over this fear and concern but I convinced myself that as long as I feel beautiful nothing can bring me down.


 Lolita Friends
Having someone to share your frilly obsession is always good. Having someone to share wardrobes with, even better.


Petticoat
No Lolita outfit is complete without one or more of these to give you that essential poof.


Basic white and black blouses
 I'm not one to wear skirts so there's is no need for me to spend more money on extravagant blouses. I like to stick with blouses that are relatively simple since any extra frills may add strange lumps under my dresses.

 Headpieces
I sort of think of headpieces as a cherry on an ice cream sundae, an outfit doesn't seen complete with out some sort of hair adornment. 

Parasol
 Living on a tropical paradise is bliss...not when you are dressed in layers, the sun is beaming and the humidity level is on the rise. Whenever I leave the house in Lolita, I have one of these by my side.
 
Fan
Fans help to add some elegance and keep cool in tropical weather.

Lolita Bag
Bags are not only for holding things but a key accessory and should be coordinated accordingly. One of my biggest pet peeves is when bags don't match. Many times I see beautiful coordinates only to be brought down by mismatched bags.

Fragrance
Lolita fashion is a feast for the eyes so why not smell as good as you look~ I often pick my fragrance for the day depending on the outfit. If it is something sweet then perhaps something along the lines of sweets and baked goods. For gothic, a nice bouquet of roses with  hints of lavender and rosemary. Pirate Lolita leaves me baffled...I don't think anyone wants to smell like a dirty seafarer and booze...

Signature Piece
Everyone has that one piece in their wardrobe that they are known for. For me, it is this h.NAOTO Frill JSK. There is a rather funny story about this JSK and the few that were there when it happened have dubbed this dress the "OMFG, YOU'RE A BOY?!' dress.

Until next time,
                      パトリック~★

1 comment:

  1. I agree with the signature piece thing! For me it would probably be my whip magic jsk (i have both jsks in teo different colours). I even have random people who have seen me around telling me they think I look cute but they love the cupcakes (my whip magic) the best. Always crazy when you hear non-loli people saying that stuff ;p

    ReplyDelete